Thank you for your interest in the Advocado integration for Google Analytics. We connect with Google Analytics in a number of ways, so this article will walk you through how to connect GA with your AdBots, Analytics and/or Call Tracking. In case you aren't sure where to begin, we will also walk through where you can find your Google Analytics Account ID. Let's get started!
If you are using AdBot RTB, Advocado will send 3 events to your Google Analytics account:
If you are using Analytics, Advocado will send only the first 2 events to your Google Analytics account.
Setting up this connection between your Advocado account and Google Analytics is simple. First, you'll need to find your Google Analytics Account ID. If you click All Website Data on the top of the page of the home screen, you will see a drop down menu that then lists all of your accounts and properties.
Copy the account number of the property that you would like to integrate with Advocado.
Send this GA Account ID to you Customer Success Manager at Advocado. Your CSM will then go to your Integrations page within your Advocado account and will click Connect on the Google Analytics card.
A window will then pop up where you can enter your full Google Analytics Account ID. Once you've filled in your number, click Next.
On the next screen, you will now see that your events are now connected. This means that Advocado events will now be sent to your Google Analytics account.
You will also see that your Advocado Reporting is not yet connected to Google Analytics. By establishing this connection, you can compare the performance of your Advocado-enhanced campaigns to the web traffic your site received, say, that time last year or during a time when television wasn't running.
Establishing this connection is really easy. Simply add firstname.lastname@example.org as a Read & Analyze user on your Google Analytics account. To do so, go to the Admin page by clicking the wheel in the lower left-hand corner. Click User Management at the Account level.
Click the + in the upper right-hand corner to add a new user.
Input email@example.com as a Read & Analyze user and click Add.
On the Integration page your connections will now look like this:
1. Login to your TraaqrSMB account.
2. Click Admin Settings.
3. Click Integrations.
4. Find the Integration for Google Analytics.
5. Click the Connect button.
6. Enter the Google Analytics Tracking ID for the GA account you'd like to integrate.
6a. Within your GA account, this Tracking ID can be found under the Admin Settings --> Tracking Info --> Tracking Code.
7. Click Submit.
8. After the integration for Google Analytics is installed, the Integrations tab in TraaqrSMB will look like this:
9. Once the integration is installed, TraaqrSMB will begin uploading a new Event to GA called TRAAQR - Call. TraaqrSMB Calls are any calls that turn into leads. You can review these events by clicking Behavior--> Events--> Overview.
10. GA will continue to track the Client ID as it normally does. The only change you'll notice is that GA will now also track Channel Number sessions by assigning each its own numerical number (ex. 1 & 3 seen in this screenshot). This allows TraaqrSMB to communicate offline conversions that originate from a Channel Number back to GA, making it smarter.
11. If you click on one of these Client IDs, you will now not only see the web pages viewed, but also the calls and sales associated with this lead.
12. To get a complete overview of the transactions that have been made, including view TraaqrSMB Calls, click Conversions --> Transactions.
Still have questions? We would love to help you get the most of your Advocado call tracking integration for Google Analytics. Contact us today.